I am building web VR experiments lately and see a need to show my friends how to setup their own web browsers to view WebVR on their desktop computers and mobile devices.
- Update your Chrome Web Browser to a minimum of 66. The most current version I tested with today is version 70.
- Open your Chrome Web Browser.
- Tap the 3 Dots in the upper right corner.
- About Google Chrome
- View the current version or update the browser if an update is available.
- Restart your Google Chrome web browser.
- in search bar for flags (under address bar) enter ‘ vr ‘Go to your Google Chrome Web Browser Address Bar and enter: ‘ chrome:://flags ‘
- select / enable only the flags for vr
- Tap RELAUNCH NOW button on bottom right corner to restart your Google Chrome Web Browser with vr enabled.
- Now you will be able to view the Web VR experiments from MoniGarr with your web browser, google cardboard, google daydream, oculus go, oculus rift, oculus quest, vive and many other vr viewers.
Some of my Web VR Experiments:
2016: MoniGarr’s old office
2018: React 360 Experiment
Check out this sweet Web VR Experience from NASA