PROJECT SUNSHINE SETUP
You will see your progress through this lesson at the top of the webpage. Note that you will be watching videos, installing software and working with the source code on your laptop.Personally, I prefer to watch videos on a tablet next to my laptop so my laptop can be dedicated to working on my Android project in Android Studio. This is important if your laptop is old and slow or if your internet is slow.
BONUS POINTS: ADD YOUR ENDANGERED LANGUAGE
EXTRA OPTIONAL WORK:
Weekly YouTube Video ScreenSharing helps your Android engineer career tremendously.
Weekly Video Revies of your current work is one of the most important skills and weekly habits will help your clients want to keep working with you and paying you – even though they may never meet you in person. It also improves your online branding, marketing and your career options. It also creates another source of passive income.
YouTube Creators provides free online training. You must get yourself in the habit of creating 2 minute video reviews that show your computer screen with the Android project work you completed. https://www.youtube.com/yt/creators/?noapp=1
I typically create a weekly video review of the work I am doing for a client as follows. This is just an example. You can follow these guidelines or you can do it another way if you choose. Just keep your video review to 2 minutes max and answer the questions so that viewers can understand & see what your Android project work accomplished.
* Android Studio open with your project.
* Quicktime on your laptop & record your screen.
* Answer the following Questions & Use Your Mouse Pointer to show what you are talking about:
***** Your name, current date, current assignment.
***** Show your Android Studio project.
***** Show files in your project that you worked on.
***** Why did you change or work on the files you are showing?
***** What did you enjoy about this week’s assignment?
***** What did you find most challenging about this week’s assignment?
***** What would you change about this week’s assignment to solve this week’s challenges that you faced?
This is Monica Peters, today is Monday March 14th and this is my video review for MoniGarr.com Language Revival Week 2 assignment.
Here are the files I got from Github for the Project Sunshine.
I changed this file (res/strings) to add Kanienkeha phrases.
I enjoyed working with my fellow students and discussing VR this week.
The challenge this week was dealing with slow internet service.
I would find better internet service to overcome this week’s challenges.
That’s all I have to say for this week’s assignment. Bye.
* Edit the Video with iMovie or similar. I usually remove all my extra filler words and get my video review down to 2 minutes max.
* Upload the Video to YouTube as Private
* Add keywords to your video: android studio, android engineer, monigarr.com, etc…
* Add Monetization to your video so you can be paid
* Add date and other options to your video.
* Make your video public
* Share your video to your social networks.
* Post link to your video review as a comment in the relevant Assignment on our Facebook group’s Events.